Thursday, January 17, 2008

Check Out This Blog!

Despite a lifetime of trying very hard, I have never been able to draw. I have always been fascinated by people who did have that talent. I could be entertained for hours by a babysitter who would just sit there and draw pictures. This is probably why I am so into comics. For someone like me, who can't even draw a decent Superman logo, each and every panel in a comic book may as well have been constructed by magic. It seems just as impossible to me.

What I am saying, in a roundabout way, is that you should visit Derek Jessome's blog. He is a local artist and animator and he is insanely talented. And his love for comic books is huge. The blog is getting updated daily, which is good news for comic art groupies like me.

5 comments:

SallyP said...

Very nice.

Jason Quinones said...

so who drew your blog logo? i assumed you did?? if you did, then you're selling yourself short,cuz it's cool!

and yeah, jerome's stuff looks great. thanks for the info!

Jason Quinones said...

jessome's stuff looks great!

my bad!

rachelle said...

Nah, I didn't draw that. I wish. My boyfriend drew it actually. He's a good artist guy.

www.natalia.biz said...

To my mind one and all ought to look at this.