Thursday, June 19, 2008

Oh Carolina

Item!

There is an article about me in this week's issue of The Coast, the local alternative weekly paper. You can check it out online here.

Item!

I am off to Charlotte, NC tomorrow morning for HeroesCon! As I mentioned before, I have never been to a con before, so I am very excited. I have no idea what to expect, but I am sure I will have lots of fun and meet lots of cool people.

I am going to be hanging out at The Dollar Bin's table in the Indie Island section. I am bringing buttons and 'zines to promote the blog. If you're at the con, come say hi! I'd love to meet y'all. And if I'm not at their table, I'm probably following Steve Epting around asking him to describe in great detail exactly how he draws Winter Soldier's muscles.

Item!

Upon returning from this trip, I am going to be making a few changes to the blog. For one, I am going to drop the whole "This Week's Haul" reviews thing because it's obvious I can't keep on top of it. And it's kinda boring anyway. Instead I'm going back to a looser format where I just recommend things I like, and make fun of things that deserve to be made fun of. I mean, obviously Daredevil is an awesome comic and everyone should read it. I don't really have to say that every month, do I?

Alright. I'm outta here. I'll post some pictures of my trip when I get back. I'm so excited!! I'm gonna eat so much pit BBQ!

5 comments:

Baal said...

You are such a coward with that picture! 'Course, I would have posed with my back turned so who am I to talk. Have fun at the con!

SallyP said...

Mmmmm...barbecue! That was a delightful little article, and I'm impressed as all get out, that you're going to be lighting the Bat signal.

Have fun at the convention!

matt reid said...

Rachelle phoned a few hours ago. She has already met a bunch of people and is sitting across from the brothers Chaps! Eeeeeeeee!

Unknown said...

Yes, great appearance in the Coast, I'd never imagined such a thoughtful (and popular) comic reviewer lived in my fair city. I guess now I have to read your opinions on the comics I'm already buying (possibly from you?).

Of course, I just reformatted my blog with simpler comic reviews (more for my friends with no knowledge)... I'll just forward folks to you for the goods. Have fun!

World of Pandemonium said...

I think I've told you this in passing one time, but I'm a big fan of your blog. As someone who collected comics for a few years when I was younger - before I traded them in for Rolling Stone and Spin - your blog has got me interested in them again. And as a blogger (albeit on an entirely different subject worldofpandemonium.blogspot.com), I think that your dedication to your writing is inspiring. Thanks for the blog tip in The Coast article! - Johnston Farrow