Sunday, February 24, 2008

Caption Contest Winners!

Hi guys! I'm back! Thanks for your patience and kind words. My life has now settled down and I am ready to resume reading comics and writing about them. I haven't picked up my comics in two weeks. Insane, eh? I also haven't worked at the store in weeks. But that all changes now!

So after much deliberation, I have chosen a winner of the caption contest. But first I want to give a special mention to Tony Z, because he put so much effort into colouring his entry:

And now the winner...Scott!

I entered the text into the panel myself (a little tricky because Lois's speech balloon is so tiny):


I think Bruce's thoughts match his facial expression perfectly. Ditto with Lois. Plus, the idea that Batman is analyzing the Sunday comics every week for Riddler clues? Hilarious.

So congrats, Scott! Email me with your address and you get an autographed copy of Nexus: The Origin, signed by the legendary Steve Rude (courtesy of Strange Adventures)! And, hey, Tony Z...I'll send you something too.

rachellegoguen at gmail dot com

Thanks to everyone who entered. You can see all the entries here.

13 comments:

Jon said...

Yay. Welcome back :)

Michael Jones said...

Ditto to what jon says.

SallyP said...

Gosh, we missed you. And those are some hilarious entries.

Tiina said...

Batman might get some insight from Permanent Monday.

rachelle said...

I'm not going to lie to you: I partially selected Scott's entry because it reminded me of the late, great Permanent Monday.

Jason Quinones said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jason Quinones said...

i think i liked tony z's better.

Anonymous said...

Wow.

And that's not even the best idea I've had in the shower.

Ben said...

I forgot to enter. Oops. Here's mine anyway:

Lois: Nag Nag Nag Nag Nag Nag Nag Nag Nag Nag

Batman: Shut Up Shut Up Shut Up Shut Up Shut Up Shut Up Shut Up Shut Up Shut Up Shut Up

Tony Z™ said...

Ha! I didn't put that much effort into it. I was just bored. But I'm also lazy, so I wouldn't have worked too hard, LOL! But thanks for the shout out. :)

Jason Quinones is my new best friend, and a pretty awesome artist!!

Ben, you fool, you should have remembered to enter! That's just hysterical! Love. It.

Jason Quinones said...

thanks tony z!

i hearby would like to officially announce tony's z's nomination for the presidency of awesomeness!!

Tony Z™ said...

Dang, Jason, you beat me to it!!

But I still feel like a dumbhead for not saying "Congratulations, Scott!! Woo Hoo!"

K. D. Bryan said...

Congrats to Scott! Kudos for mocking both Batman and Garfield in one fell swoop. :D