Sunday, May 27, 2007

Attention Music-Lovers!

This post has nothing to do with comics. I am hoping some of you music-lovers might be able to help me out.

This summer my band, The Stolen Minks, is going on tour across Canada. The whole country. Canada, as you may know, is, like, really big. Really, really big. So it's a whole lot of driving. We need mix CDs. Good ones. All kinds of different ones. If I am the only one making them, there will just be Loverboy on every single one.

So, here's what I propose: if you are one of those types who enjoys making mix CDs, you can make me one and mail it to me, and I will mail you one back. And I'll try not to put Loverboy on it.

If you'd like to help, just send me an email at rachellegoguen at gmail dot com. Our musical interests are varied. We love everything from the most misogynistic and profane hip-hop to the whiniest of indie nerds. From way old music to music that hasn't even been invented yet.

I'll be posting a full list of tour dates as soon as they are all confirmed, in case any of you want to see me do the other thing I am famous for. If you happen to be in a Canadian city, that is. We'll be leaving on July 18.

Our route (starting in the East):

21 comments:

Skeleton Munroe said...

I suppose I should go see you while you're still in *my* Canadian city.

Why am I so bad at that?

If you like They Might Be Giants, I can hook you up.

rachelle said...

I suppose, if I am asking a bunch of comic nerds for mix CDs, I should expect a lot of They Might Be Giants.

My only requirement is no jam bands. I want no Phish or Grateful Dead or what have you. I like songs that are less than 10 minutes long.

Skeleton Munroe said...

Were I in your position I would personally murder everyone who gave me a Phish song. But that's me and I have tragic personal history with the band.

Le Ted said...

Are you going to get the reference if I say that LOVERBOY HAS . . . ALWAYS SUCKED?

Err?

rachelle said...

Wait...that reference sounds familiar but I can't place it.

Or maybe it's familiar because that's what people tell me all the time.

Le Ted said...

Okay, it's from AQUA TEEN.

rachelle said...

OH YEAH! I totally remember loving that!

Man, I haven't watched Aqua Teen in a long time.

Le Ted said...

Neither have I. They should have dissed Loverboy more.

Will you accept Mix CDs for download that people have sent to each other and that they still have online?

rachelle said...

What is this future technology you speak of?

That sounds reasonable.

Jon Hex said...

I saw Loverboy back in '85, and they kicked ass!

rachelle said...

I saw Loverboy back in 2005 and they still kicked ass!

Anonymous said...

Can you play cds if they're still in mp3 format, or do they need to be converted back to standard audio format?

chrishaley said...

Can we send more than one?
What's the deadline?

SallyP said...

I don't have the foggiest idea about how to download music, but if you are touring Canada (it's really big) you MUST have some Arrogant Worms.

I...I LOVE the Mountie song.

Unknown said...

I would love to send you a mix cd, or several. I'll try to finish up my comic mixes for the occasion. Or maybe I'll do that thing where i upload it and then you can download it and burn it yourself? My email is Vespa33115@yahoo.com.

Anonymous said...

Sweet! I love seeing Halifax bands in Vancouver. Do you know where you are playing here yet?

rachelle said...

Hi Neil!

We're going to be playing Vancouver on Saturday, Aug 4, but we haven't confirmed the venue yet. We also are playing a house show at the Alf House in Vancouver on Monday Aug 6, and we're planning on playing in Burnaby on the 7th. I should have more details soon.

rachelle said...

Chris: You can certainly send more than one! That would be rad! I just need them by July 18.

Roy: I think we'll need audio CDs. We're renting a van with an mp3 player part way, but then we're switching to another vehicle in Ontario, and it probably won't have an mp3 player.

Rachel - cool! I'll send you an email.

Anonymous said...

I love that you hot linked Canada. You know, to save people from having to Google this so called "Kaa-nee-daaa".

Chris McLaren said...

I dropped off a couple of mixed discs at the shop with Tiina today.

Of course it's all music that you children will despise, said the bald old parent, but I did manage not to put on any jam bands. Also, against my better judgement I left off the Dio.

Christopher Helton said...

I put mine in the mail today, and I'll have you know there was no sign of TMBG, Phish or Loverboy.

Just saying.