Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Strange Adventures Rules! (Even when new comics are delayed until Thursday).

A little magazine called Reader's Digest just named Strange Adventures the best comic shop in Canada. Was there ever any doubt?

Incidentally, we were the runner-up for best place to see polar bears.

In honour of this...honour...I am launching another contest. Right here, right now. It's another photo challenge, but this time I want y'all to send me a photo of your favourite comic shop. I would especially like to see a picture of you, in your favourite shop, holding your favourite comic. Something like this:

If you're shy, you can also have a picture of your favourite comic store clerk. Or just the store. Whatever. As long as it's a picture you didn't take off your favourite store's website. I want to see a little effort. If you want to say some nice things about your favourite shop, that would be cool. In two weeks, I will post all the photos and comments. You can email them to rachellegoguen at gmail dot com.

Here are some more pictures of Strange Adventures:

Tiina likes Runaways:

Ben likes JLA (specifically, Red Tornado):

Cal likes The Spirit:

Dave likes All-Star Superman:

Dave is a good drawer. He makes nice signs:

I don't understand RPGs:

This is our recommended rack:

Mine is the one with Batman and the Monster Men and stuff (and JUST the annual issue of Superman/Batman).

So I suppose you are all wondering what the prize is. I'ma send the winner, who will be drawn randomly, a copy of the first edition of The Spirit #1, signed by Darwyn Cooke, along with two very rare and limited Spirit buttons (all courtesy of Strange Adventures). Not bad at all!

So let's all show some love for our favourite comic shops.

8 comments:

Hugh Stewart said...

But what if my favorite comic book shop is Strange Adventures?

rachelle said...

Then by all means take a picture of Strange Adventures! I'm not against that.

Skeleton Munroe said...

Whew!

Got a little worried there.

FoldedSoup said...

I left my favorite comic shop when I moved out here. I'm still convinced it was one of the best on the planet.

So, I've got something special in mind for this contest, since I can't photograph it live anymore.

Great idea.

paperghost said...

If I took a picture of myself re-enacting a Conan the Barbarian cover by swinging a nerd by the ankles into the A-F rack, d'you think I'd stand a good chance of winning?

Anonymous said...

I went last night, forgetting new comics were delayed, but that just means I get to go back to The Best Comic Store in Canada (TM) for the new DD. Oh, well.

-Adam

alex said...

I just had the worst case of homesickness for Halifax and the Strange, like, ever,

Eulalia said...

Really helpful information, lots of thanks for your post.